Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A brief self-introduction.

Hello, I was born and raised in small town Iowa. I’m married to a wonderful husband and have a stepdaughter. My family means the world to me. I graduated from the University of Iowa with a Art Education Degree and a BFA in printmaking. I always knew that I wanted to be an artist, from a very young age 1st grade to be exact. When kids were playing house I was the famous artist who lived in France. I remember wanting a beret because all artists lived in France and wore a beret. So I thought. My dad worked in a factory and he brought home rolls of paper and I would draw and color for hours going thru rolls of paper. My mom was so amazing and put my work up all over the house. I always loved learning about different types of art. My family was always buying me different art materials to experiment with. I had amazing teachers who helped me push myself to be a better person and artist. I knew then that I could be an artist but teaching art was what I was meant to do.

No comments: