Tuesday, September 28, 2010

What are some resources you can turn to for support in lesson planning ideas? people, places, websites?

Some places that I turn to for support when coming up with lesson plans would be other Art teachers or experiences I have had in the art classroom. I still remember the great art projects that I did in school. I took those ideas and made new lesson plans from them. I have gotten a lot of great ideas from my current cooperating teacher that I will definitely use in my classroom. I love seeing what other teachers are doing in their classroom there always full of inspiration and knowledge. My cooperating teacher has drawers full of lessons that she’s done with each grade. I like to read a book to the younger kids before a lesson, so I have also found inspiration in children’s books.

I think that the internet is chalk full of ideas to use. I have listed a few websites that I use to help share the knowledge. I also like to read other art teachers blogs. There’s not usually lesson plans but there are pictures of some great artwork. I like to take a simple idea and Google it and see what other people have done with the same idea in their classroom.
• www.teachkidsart.blogspot.com
• www.deepspacesparkle.blogspot.com
• www.princetonol.com
• www.crayola.com
• Dickblick.com
• www.hitentertainment.com/artattack/menu

There are lots of good books out there for ideas. My teacher has a vast assortment of books sitting on her shelves that I look at for inspiration. Here are just a few of the books that I have taken some lesson plans from.
• Dynamic Art Projects for Children by Denise M Logan
• Art Fun 69 exciting, original and easy to make projects kids will love to do.
• A Survival Guide for the elementary art teacher

No comments: