I think as a teacher there are rules that you should follow just as if the students should follow. I think if you as a teacher can stay positive and try to follow these rules then you can have a positive teaching experience.
1. As a teacher I think that it’s important to try to deal with disruptions with as little interruption as possible. When there is interruption it’s important to deal with the issue at hand immediately and with little interruption to the class. If a student is acting out when you’re giving directions make a gesture to that student or say there name and tell them we will talk when directions are done being given.
2. Fairness is extremely important. Students know when things are not equal. They know if you favor a student. Remember that if a student who is one of your best breaks the rule to punish them the same as you would your worst student.
3. Try to avoid confrontations in front of other students. It’s important for students to not “lose face” in front of other students. If you make the student feel belittled they may never come back and learn anything from you. They could have issues with you and the subject you teach from that point on.
4. I think it’s important to over plan your lessons. Students shouldn’t have time sitting and talking. So over plan your lessons so that your students always have something to do and you never run out of lessons.
5. Make your rules understandable. Try not to have a million rules. Have enough rules that students know what’s acceptable and appropriate. Make that if your rules are broken that there is clear consequences for the actions.
6. One of the most important rules as a teacher is to start fresh every day. If a student acted out the day before doesn’t mean that they should suffer the consequences the next day. Start each day with each student starting on green and being on equal ground as the rest.
7. Make sure to learn the student’s names as soon as you can. It’s important to the students to be called by their name. This makes them feel important.
Some of the rules that I see as important to have in your classroom for students would be.
1. Always be your best and do your best.
2. Respect others and the property of others.
3. Follow directions and instructions.
4. Bring what you need with you to class.
5. Keep your hands and feet to yourself.
6. Raise your hand before you speak during a classroom lesson.
7. Listen quietly while others are speaking.
8. Complete all assignments neatly and on time.